Notes from a wandering minstral

Thursday, July 13, 2006

So many strawberries, part II

Hey, today the strawberries were 2 punnets for a pound! Or 69p for one. Punnet, that is, not strawberry. After a few minutes of dithering, examining punnets, starting to go and coming back (all observed by the people in the queue), I decided to spring for both. And I'm glad I did; I've already devoured aproximately 6 of them (I wasn't counting) in the past fifteen minutes or so, and I wasn't even hungry, and it's not even lunch time. Mmmmmm, strawberries. I also picked up 5 peaches for a pound (they were cheaper by the punnet, but I realized that some punnets had mold at the bottom, so I decided to opt for the individual yumminesses). AND to congratulate myself for having gotten through a somewhat rough couple of weeks and for spending less than 10 quid on groceries, I bought myself a Derby biscuit at Greg's. Saving that one for lunch.

While I realize that my grocery shopping habbits are no doubt fascinating to you all, perhaps I should unpack the side comment of the "rough week." Basically, my supervision problems continued. My supervisor did not get back to me at all -- I was beginning to think he might be in the hospital (and for all I know he might have -- long story). I was beginning to fear that I would not be able to talk to anyone about this thesis until I handed it in. So I emailed Gillian, my wonderful program coordinator, and she met with me, helped me realize some stuff, and started to search around for another Victorianist for me to meet with. Turns out there are not many Victorianists at this university. But then yesterday my supervisor emailed me and suggested we meet tomorrow. I scrambled to get him a readable draft of the dissertation -- I'm pretty sure this will be my last meeting with him, and the only one where he'll actually have read my work (assuming he actually reads what I sent him). I wish I could have had more time to prepare the material, but it actually turned out rather well! It still needs a LOT of work, but I feel good about the overall structure.

So I'm giving myself a break today, and I may go on a daytrip with flatmates and Marie on Saturday. And I have strawberries. Life is good.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:30 AM, Blogger L'Écureuil said…

    yay breaks and daytrips! they are like reasonably-priced fruit, only they last longer and do not mould if you put them all together in one plastic container.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home